Both Sheri and Nancy have relocated to new cities, so today’s episode about carefully curating the people in your life comes at a perfect time for each of them. This move is all about new dreams, new opportunities, and a chance to forge new relationships. They’ve invited Dr. Ivan Misner, founder of an extensive business networking organization called BNI, on the show. Ivan is not only a networking mastermind, he’s one of the authors of a bestselling book called Who’s In Your Room — an eye-opening reminder that the people we surround ourselves with impact the quality of our lives.
Ivan shares practical ways we can foster only those relationships that uplift and inspire us. He tells us how to say “no” without being a jerk, the real secret to balance, ways to live a life with margins, and how to become the bouncer (or as Sher and Nance like to put it, the “curator”) of your own room.
- As Sheri settles into her new life in Napa, now it’s Nancy’s turn to face the moving vans and boxes. Moving can be an emotional tornado, so it’s important to be kind to yourself and create time and space to find your footing.
- In midlife, deep friendship is less about proximity and ease and more about chemistry, trust and connection. Not everybody should have a front-row seat to your movie.
- The quality of your life depends on who is in your room, and you are your own bouncer or curator of your own experience.
- Get crystal clear on the values most important to you in a friendship. Start with your dealbreakers. Nancy’s non-negotiable in friendship is meanness or cruelty. Sheri’s dealbreaker is cheapness.
- Being intentional about your relationships in all areas is a way to have your own back, look out for yourself, and protect your energy.
- Create margins in your life. Taking a mental health day once a week or one hour out of the day can work wonders for the soul.
Mentioned in This Episode:
ThePillarLife.com — Big Salad
The Pillar Shop is filled with so many fabulous goodies to treat yourself and your loved ones. Check it out!
Our Triple Board Certified OB-GYN girlfriend doctor, Dr. Anna has a special DreamTribe deal to offer. Type in DreamTribe at checkout and get 10% off everything in her line of all-natural lotions and potions.
Dry Farm Wines — Special Pillar Life Offer: Buy one bottle of wine and get another bottle for just a penny.
Notes To Self Socks are cozy and inspirational. What a perfect Pillar Life accessory.
Beautycounter lipsticks, eyeshadows, facial peels, skin-care products, and more … all make cruelty-free beauty that much lovelier. Beauty Comes Clean.
Thanks to our friends at Tea Vibes, we stay hydrated, cleansed, and calm while enjoying delicious, bespoke tea blends. Get 15% off all of Tea Vibes’ one-of-a-kind flavors, right here.
The Pillar Life Kitchen is here! Plant-Powered Goodness from home chef Nancy, herself.