Jill Herzig has had a very sparkly career: Editor in Chief of Dr. Oz The Good Life magazine, Editor in Chief of Redbook magazine, and Executive Editor at Glamour magazine. Photos shoots, clothing budgets, a jet set lifestyle. And then, while she was at the top of her game, she was unceremoniously hip checked out of the print magazine industry. What do you do when your career trajectory takes an unwanted, unplanned and abrupt detour?
Jill and her best friend Lisa Oz are the co-hosts of an eye-opening podcast called You Turns. It’s an honest conversation about the scary, challenging, uncomfortable and even lonely parts of any transformative experience. Lisa was a fantastic guest on The Sheri + Nancy Show a few weeks ago, so we just had to bring Jill on the show to keep this chat going. Jill shares what helped her finally break free from the past and embrace the new story of authenticity and connection she has today. Don’t miss it.
- An important pillar for Sheri and Nancy this year is Adventure & Discovery. They are well on their way by uprooting their homes and moving to new cities. But more is in store.
- Jill Herzig, co-host of the You Turns podcast, spent her life on the straight path to achievement and success. When her own personal “YouTurn” struck, it veered her into a life she never imagined. The digital landscape disrupted print media, and before Jill knew it, she and her team were not only out of a job but out of an entire industry.
- Jill and Lisa met while they were working on The Good Life magazine with Lisa’s husband, world-famous Dr. Mehmet Oz. Jill and Lisa clicked on many levels and YouTurns was born.
- The times in our lives where our identity is shaken to the core represent spiritual opportunities to figure out who we are, stripped down to our core.
- Jill cites her incredibly brave and adventurous backpacking trip to parts unknown as one of the catalysts that pushed her into her future.
- The more honest you can be about your story, the more you bond with people and access power through deep connection.
- Lean hard on the females in your life. (We agree Jill!)
Mentioned in This Episode:
Book Passage — Moderating will be the lovely April Gargiulo of Vintner’s Daughter.
Pillar Kitchen — Chili
The Pillar Shop is filled with so many fabulous goodies to treat yourself and your loved ones. Check it out!
Our Triple Board Certified OB-GYN girlfriend doctor, Dr. Anna has a special DreamTribe deal to offer. Type in DreamTribe at checkout and get 10% off everything in her line of all-natural lotions and potions.
Dry Farm Wines — Special Pillar Life Offer: Buy one bottle of wine and get another bottle for just a penny.
Notes To Self Socks are cozy and inspirational. What a perfect Pillar Life accessory.
Beautycounter lipsticks, eyeshadows, facial peels, skin-care products, and more… all make cruelty-free beauty that much lovelier. Beauty Comes Clean.
Thanks to our friends at Tea Vibes, we stay hydrated, cleansed, and calm while enjoying delicious, bespoke tea blends. Get 15% off all of Tea Vibes’ one-of-a-kind flavors, right here.
The Pillar Life Kitchen is here! Plant-Powered Goodness from home chef Nancy, herself.