She’s a voice brimming with happiness and now she’s telling us how, where and why to turn external chaos into inner peace and joy. World-famous podcast star and best-selling author Gretchen Rubin brings her energy and effervescence to the show this week, and she talks to Sheri and Nancy about her newest book, Outer Order, Inner Calm. It’s all about how we can clear the clutter and create habits that support our Spirituality + Happiness Pillar. Gretchen challenges the DreamTribe to start implementing her “One- Minute Rule,” and lays down manageable steps to make more room for happiness.
- Happiness is not a one-size-fits-all solution. It’s all about self-knowledge and finding the things that suit you as an individual rather than jamming yourself into an idea of what “should” be.
- Outer order can look very different to everyone. Whether you are a perfectionist, somewhere in the middle, or have all cabinet drawers open at all times, you can find a system that creates serenity and joy.
- While we can’t control everything in our lives, we can control how we react. There are concrete things you can do that will make you happy.
- Gretchen Rubin wrote a fascinating book about The Four Tendencies: Upholders, Questioners, Obligers, and Rebels. Knowing your own and recognizing them in others can serve as a helpful guide for the way we approach life and relationships. You can take a free, fast quiz on her website and find out yours!
- Finding habits that lead to outer order and inner calm has a huge impact — about 40% of everyday life is shaped by everyday habits.
- Clean your fridge and change your career? Sounds big but the more steps we take to cleaning up our outer world, the more we are free to make huge improvements in our Spirituality + Happiness Pillar.
- Mementos are more meaningful when there are fewer of them.
- Thanks to a special DreamTriber for your Listener Inbox Letter this week! It’s all about finding those kindred spirits and going for the experiences that make you happy.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Gretchen Rubin Website
The Pillar Shop is filled with so many fabulous goodies to treat yourself and your loved ones. Check it out!
Our Triple Board Certified OB-GYN girlfriend doctor, Dr. Anna has a special DreamTribe deal to offer. Type in DreamTribe at checkout and get 10% off everything in her line of all-natural lotions and potions.
Dry Farm Wines — Special Pillar Life Offer: Buy one bottle of wine and get another bottle for just a penny.
Notes To Self Socks are cozy and inspirational. What a perfect Pillar Life accessory.
Beautycounter lipsticks, eyeshadows, facial peels, skin-care products, and more… all make cruelty-free beauty that much lovelier. Beauty Comes Clean.
Thanks to our friends at Tea Vibes, we stay hydrated, cleansed, and calm while enjoying delicious, bespoke tea blends. Get 15% off all of Tea Vibes’ one-of-a-kind flavors, right here.
The Pillar Life Kitchen is here! Plant-Powered Goodness from home chef Nancy, herself.