If the best soups are the easiest ones to make – then this is the very best soup. It consists of a few simple ingredients, boiled together, then whirred up in the Vitamix. Add some seasonings and you’re done. It is exactly that fast and easy. And it’s tasty, in a clean, pure, straightforward way.
Just like you should be drinking more water, you should be making more soup. Soup is not only nourishing and delicious, it is a weight-loss home run. A must-have in your culinary repertoire.
Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 2 heads of broccoli, rinsed and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 box of low sodium vegetable broth, or 4 cups of homemade broth
- 1 handful (about ¾ cup) of raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- In a medium pot, boil the broccoli, onion, garlic and cashews together in the vegetable broth. Add 2 cups of water and boil until you can insert a fork easily into the vegetables, about 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the vegetables and nuts, and whir them up in a Vitamix or high-speed blender, adding broth from the pot as needed for consistency. Once you have a batch that’s creamed, transfer it back to the soup pot and scoop out more boiled veg and broth to blend. You’ll do this a few times to get everything creamy.
- Once all the creamed soup is back in the pot, add the miso. Stir slowly on low heat to dissolve and incorporate.
- Salt and pepper to taste.