We love a super food. Such promise of goodness, of wellness, of a better life. Once we began to give our Health + Wellness pillar real attention, we were introduced to all kinds of new ideas about what to put in our bodies to make them sing. This one is a favorite.
We asked our nutritionist, Bridgette Becker of Taproot Energetics, for a morning ritual that would start our day off in alignment with our dreams. Here is her morning elixir. For Sheri, this is a substitute for coffee and doubles as a protein smoothie. For Nancy, it’s a warm breakfast smoothie. Two cups of this will hold you over till noon.
The first few times you make it, you might think it’s complicated, but stick with it friends. Once you’re in the groove it is easy breezy.
Put the dry ingredients together the night before in your blender and have everything else out on the counter at the ready. Each batch makes enough for two days.
4 large coffee mugs
- 4 teabags Twig Kukicha tea (Choice Organic Teas)
- 4 teabags Rooibos tea (Choice Organic Teas)
- 1 large tablespoon maca powder (Navitas Organics)
- 1 large tablespoon lucuma powder (Navitas Organics)
- 1 large tablespoon hemp seeds (Navitas Organics)
- 1 large tablespoon chia seeds (Navitas Organics)
- 1 large tablespoon mesquite powder (Sunfood)
- 1 large tablespoon mushroom powder (OM/restore)
- 1 teaspoon glutamine powder (Amazing Nutrition)
- 2 large tablespoons raw cacao powder (We Care Spa)
- 1 large scoop vanilla flavored pea protein powder (We Care Spa)
- 1 large tablespoon coconut oil (in solid form) Nutiva)
- Stevia to taste
- In a medium pot, boil seven cups of water in a sauce pan or use an electric kettle. Put 4 teabags of twig and 4 teabags of rooibos in a big bowl. Pour the boiling water over the teabags and steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all the powder and the coconut oil to your blender.
- Remove the teabags from the brew and pour the tea into the blender.
- Blend for 60 seconds.
- Add stevia (liquid dropper) to taste if you like it sweeter.
*The brands we currently use.Print Recipe