I love reading dip recipes. They all sound ooohy-gooey and delicious. They’re party food, which is the greatest food on earth. The trouble is that most dips are heavy with sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese and other cheeses. A few scoopfuls of it and your Health + Wellness Pillar is blown.
This one is different. Not only is it fantastically yummy and simple to make, it is creamy but clean. Zesty yet healthy. Good for you in every way: mind, body and spirit. And it pairs nicely with a cocktail.
20 minutes (Prep Time + Cooking Time)
- 1.5 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 dates pitted
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh mint, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Soak cashews in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Then drain, rinse and set aside.
- Blend the dates, garlic and cashews in a Vitamix.
- Add the cashews, basil, cilantro, mint, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper and blend. Add up to 4 tablespoons of water to get the consistency you like.
- Pour into a serving dish and chill until ready to serve.