Every household should have at least one signature salad dressing. I have several, and eventually I’ll be sharing them all in The Pillar Life Kitchen. This one is super bright and crisp. Lots of ACV and lemon to wake up your lettuce leaves.
From fancy dinner parties to everyday lunches, it’s a great thing indeed to have homemade dressing at the ready. Bottled dressings are full of all kinds of stuff you don’t want to be eating, and freshly made always tastes better.
So make your own salad dressing. Keep it refrigerated in a glass jar or bottle. Eat salad at least once a day.
About 2 cups
20 minutes tops
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least one hour (overnight is best)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (ACV…so good for you!)
- ½ cup best quality olive oil
- 4 pitted dates (these add a mellow sweetness)
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Blend all the ingredients in a Vitamix.
- Add a little warm water (1/4 cup) if needed, for consistency.