Sauce makes food delicious. Slathered on a veggie burger, drizzled on roasted veg, served on the side with fried potatoes. Whenever I read the words “special sauce” on a menu, I will order that thing.
Just like it’s important to have house salad dressings, you should have a house sauce. Keep it in the fridge in an airtight glass container and bust it out whenever you want to rev up whatever meal you’re serving. Whether you’re grilling, baking, roasting or frying – a side of sauce will make it special.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Vegenaise
- ½ cup organic, best-quality ketchup
- 3 tablespoons diced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- Dash of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Seriously just whisk it all together and serve.