Thanksgiving week is pumpkin time! Whether you’re making your own puree by roasting pumpkins, or you’re buying pumpkin puree in a can, you’ll likely have some left over – and if you don’t, buy extra because this recipe is seasonal, delicious and you can whip it up in a minute.
Pumpkins are packed with anti-oxidants and beta-carotene (that rich orange color), and the pineapple in this recipe really brightens the overall flavor.
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened, vanilla flavored nut or hemp milk (
- ½ cup ice
- 20 oz. chopped pineapple and its juice
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of kosher salt
Place all the ingredients in a Vitamix and whir it up!
- Start with 1 ½ cups of milk, and you can always add more if you want a thinner consistency.
- You can buy 20 oz. containers of chopped pineapple in the produce section where they sell pre-cut fruit, which I typically do not endorse but in this case it’s ok… it equals about 3 ½ cups if you’re cutting your own. The 20 oz. size = the large ones.