Earthy pumpkin meets bright, sunny pineapple in this dessert-like smoothie that tastes like such a treat.
Pumpkins are packed with antioxidants and beta-carotene (that rich orange color), so I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate it into my life (beyond pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving). This recipe is great any time of year and any time of day. Whir it up!
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened, vanilla flavored nut or hemp milk (
- ½ cup ice
- 20 oz. chopped pineapple and its juice
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of kosher salt
Place all the ingredients in a Vitamix and whir it up!
- Start with 1 ½ cups of milk, and you can always add more if you want a thinner consistency.
- You can buy 20 oz. containers of chopped pineapple in the produce section where they sell pre-cut fruit, which I typically do not endorse but in this case it’s ok… it equals about 3 ½ cups if you’re cutting your own. The 20 oz. size = the large ones.