This is Sheri’s signature hummus recipe. The secret ingredient is the bespoke tahini that is the centerpiece of this deliciousness. Sheri discovered the tahini through a very cool woman she met at a retreat in the desert. Suze Matthews, a rock star artist, told Sher about a tahini company her sister cofounded — Seed + Mill. Sheri jumped on the chance to up her hummus game and indeed she has. This is the best hummus EVER.
6 to 8
15 minutes with precooked chickpeas
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans of chickpeas, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/3 cup tahini, with some of its oil — couple extra dollops if you love tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, couple extra dollops to smooth things out in the food processor if needed plus a splash for garnish
- 4 cloves peeled garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (I used about 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon salt to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin and a pinch
- 1 tablespoon paprika and a pinch plus a sprinkling for garnish
- Chopped parsley leaves for garnish
- Super important to put your creative cook hat on and taste and season accordingly. Don’t be shy. Experiment! Hummus needs to have some ZING!
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, cumin, paprika, oil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor, sprinkle with salt and pepper to begin process; add chickpea liquid as needed to produce a smooth purée. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, pepper or lemon juice as needed. Serve, drizzled with some olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of paprika and some parsley.